We've already helped grow tomatoes in space...What can you do?
As part of our future talent strategy we are delighted to launch our 2019 Undergraduate Work Placement Programme.
Since 2013 we have trebled our headcount, completed three acquisitions and expanded across Europe - so it's fair to say, we're expanding quickly! As we continue to grow and pursue further acquisition opportunities, our network dynamic is constantly changing and this gives rise to lots of pan-European opportunities for bright, enthusiastic undergraduates just like you. As well as our UK offices, we also have offices in Frankfurt, Munich and Barcelona, and there's even the possibility to work at one of European hubs as part of your placement with us.
What can you look to expect?
In joining Team Carousel you will be working with a team of people that genuinely gets a buzz from providing exceptional service solutions for situations where performance really matters.
Passionate in everything we do, we'll help you get the most out of your placement by giving you a thorough introduction and dedicated personal development plan. You'll be supported by a member of our UK Management Team and they'll be on hand as your dedicated mentor; providing advice, guidance and regular feedback on your progress. Most of the learning occurs on the job which means you will develop work-related skills and be faced with real-life daily challenges and responsibility.
Have you got what it takes?
If you love our industry, think a bit differently and want to join a new era of logistics, you could just be the kind of person we're looking for!
We currently have two opportunities for undergraduates looking for a work placement as part of their university degree. Each of these opportunities highlight the differing skills and focus you need for working in logistics. Take a look below to find out more.
Successful applicants must:
- Be studying a recognised 'sandwich' undergraduate degree
- Have a passion and be motivated to develop a career in the logistics and supply chain industry
- Be tech-savvy – we’re a tech enabled company, so you'll need to hit the ground running!
- Have the ability to think creatively and laterally – our business changes a lot and we need you to be agile in your approach
- Be eligible to work in the UK for the full duration of the placement
- Be fluent in English – verbal and written
- Have an additional European language (desirable)
- Be enthusiastic, with a ‘can do’ client-centric attitude
- Be willing to embrace our corporate values and enhance our culture.