Aftermarket & Parts
Endress+Hauser is a world-leading supplier of measurement and automation technology, solutions and services.
Objective and brief
We were appointed to support in the implementation of a new supply chain strategy, aimed at achieving optimum reliability and improving delivery performance for customers.
Before working with Carousel, customer delivery performance had started to decrease. To mitigate this, Endress+Hauser decided to create a new delivery concept. This tactic involved seeking a reliable new partner to deliver its logistics solution.
Our aim was to deliver optimum reliability and increase delivery performance for customers. We achieved this goal primarily through the introduction of technology and the digitisation of processes.
By combining our service and technology platform with the exceptional service delivery of our client services teams we were able to quickly facilitate an agile, end-to-end solution that could guarantee the smooth flow Endress+Hauser’s products.
Our technology ensures that Endress+Hauser has the fastest possible lead times by:
- Streamlining administrative processes;
- Reducing administration
- speeding-up issue resolution processes, that can often cause delays.
Dealing with uncertainty
Even with a robust technology stack in place, Carousel still had to address the uncertainty posed by the English Channel.
When blockages at the Channel became an issue, Carousel was paramount to finding a resolution and within 24-hours had switched from a hybrid road/air solution, to air only. This involved freeing-up space on the Frankfurt flight so that Endress+Hauser could not only maintain, but increase, their delivery performance and service reliability.
Offering a single late collection and fully automated processes, Carousel’s solution has directly impacted Endress+Hauser’s customer delivery performance levels. Here’s how:
- A single daily collection for all UK, Ireland, air and road freight from Nieder-Olm at 19:30h.
- Processes are fully automated without any manual interference resulting in clear, accurate information.
- Routing labels are created and printed in the Endress+Hauser hub, eliminating duplication and enabling freight to be directly loaded onto the aircraft, meaning a later cut off time
- Customer delivery performance levels saw an immediate increase following the implementation of the supply chain strategy, achieving higher values than previously.
Our pan-European solution brings together multiple delivery options, and combines the immediacy of freight delivery, with the accuracy of final-mile road deliveries.
Our technology ensures clear information about each delivery - including Information of Delivery and Proof of Delivery [POD] confirmations.
The full integration and automatisation of processes, along with digitisation, led to a very low level of manual interference and improved delivery performance.
Read more about the work we do for our clients in the HighTech sector here.