What are customs brokerage and customs clearance?
Customs brokerage is a service provided by individuals or companies to facilitate the clearance of goods through countries’ borders for importers and exporters.
Customs brokers are licensed professionals who have expertise in the laws, regulations, and procedures that govern importing and exporting goods across international borders. Working as intermediaries between the importer or exporter and the relevant government authorities, they ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. The services provided can include preparing and submitting necessary documents, determining the correct tariff classifications and applicable duties, taxes, and codes, as well as arranging physical movements of the goods across borders.
Customs clearance is the process of getting goods authorised and released by the relevant customs authorities to enter the country or region where they are destined. The customs clearance process involves a series of formalities and procedures that must be completed to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including paying applicable duties and taxes, providing necessary documentation, and complying with security and other trade-related regulations.
Customs clearance is typically handled by customs brokers, licensed professionals with specific and up-to-date knowledge in navigating the customs clearance process.
Is customs brokerage the solution for me?
Whether you’re engaged in international trade or wish to expand your business reach beyond your national borders, then customs brokerage services could be the solution you need to streamline your customs clearance process without slowing down your operations.
Carousel’s customs brokerage services provide you with the support and expertise you need to ensure that your imports and exports meet all customs regulations and requirements. We work closely with our clients to develop personalised, seamless solutions that meet every specific need.
From classification to valuation, documentation, and full compliance, we’ve got you covered. Carousel’s comprehensive customs brokerage services ensure that your goods will be cleared through customs in a timely and cost-effective manner, allowing you to focus on growing your business.
Carousel’s Customs Brokerage Service: Your fully integrated priority customs clearance across Europe
In today’s global marketplace, managing supply chain logistics can be complex and time-consuming, particularly when it comes to navigating customs regulations. That’s why many companies turn to logistics providers that also offer customs brokerage services. Whether you import or export, we have a wide range of multimodal freight services to suit any combination of collection and delivery, anywhere in Europe.
We manage a broad range of declarations, including:
- Full import, export, and non-inventory linked declarations
- Customs Freight Simplified Procedures (CFSP) through Simplified Frontier declarations (SFDs)
- Entry in the Declarant Records (EIDR)
At Carousel we offer seamless end-to-end logistics solutions and standalone customs brokerage services, even if we don’t carry your goods. So, what are the benefits of using Carousel’s customs brokerage service? Let’s take a closer look:
- Operational customs clearance available at all UK ports with a CCS Export Badge – This means we have been independently audited and certified, meeting HMRC’s standards for customs clearance. As a result, we can provide a fast and efficient customs clearance process, minimising any delays and ensuring your goods get to their destination on time.
- Dedicated team of in-house customs experts – Carousel guarantees you a team of in-house professionals, knowledgeable about the latest customs regulations and requirements. Our team provides guidance and support to ensure your goods are compliant with all relevant customs regulations, reducing any risks of penalties. Based at the airport when the flights arrive, our team operates also outside of normal hours, ensuring someone is always available and ready when you need them.
- Extended operational hours: 10.30 am – 1:00 am, 5 days a week plus weekend coverage when required – We process your customs clearance requests quickly and efficiently, providing 360-degree support at all times.
- Fully compliant operations – At Carousel, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards, implementing robust policies and procedures to ensure full compliance with all relevant regulations. You can have peace of mind knowing that your goods are handled by a provider who takes your time and compliance seriously.
- Expert Data Management – Our ability to process at speed relies heavily on data. That’s why we always aim at making data easily available and ensuring the mapping is clear and the data presents a high degree of quality.
Through our own service management platform Gateway®, we use leading technology to normalise and manage data in a way that suits you, offering you a dynamic service with enhanced visibility and shipment control. This saves time, reduces the risk of error, and avoids the use of static Excel sheets.
Our extensive specialist experience not only ensures our procedures are reliable and fully compliant with government legislation, but they also ensure goods pass through customs with priority and without delay.
Here is a summary of just some of our accreditations.
- AEO (Authorised Economic Operator)
- ‘C’ status – trusted by HMRC
- CCG & DDA
- ITSF shed
- Authorised consignee (BHX)
- Authorised consignor (BHX)
Want to learn more about how we can help you sort your customs clearance processes?
Book a call with our experts to discuss your unique requirements.
If you would like to be contacted by our sales team, please complete the form below.