It's time to get a better job
Get in touch
As a growing business, we know that attracting and retaining the very best talent is a critical part of what makes us successful. We do whatever is takes, and more, to provide exceptional service solutions to our clients and are always looking for talented individuals who embody the same enthusiasm to come and join us. If you're the best at what you do - either here in the UK or in Europe - then please check out our vacancies below or just send us your CV and tell us why we should hire you!
1. Depot Manager (Coventry)
Our network is at the heart of our service solutions and we are looking for a capable leader to be an integral part of the creation of a culture of excellence in our new depot in Coventry. With an eye on our margins, this role’s main focus will be to optimise our processes and our people to ensure they are operating efficiently and effectively. At Carousel, change is our constant and we need someone to help create the vision that galvanises support from the wider Depot team.
We’d be interested in hearing from you if you have:
- Proven success in recruiting, managing, coaching and developing a high performing team.
- Operational expertise in a fast paced 3PL or 4PL multi-site environment.
- An established track record of strong internal and external stakeholder engagement.
- The ability to balance financial, operational, client and strategic needs.
To be successful in the role you will need to be financially and commercially astute with a commitment to the delivery of service excellence to our clients. People will be at the forefront of your mind while you meet your operational targets, coaching and developing the team to ensure high levels of engagement and sustainable capability.
2. Warehouse Operatives (Coventry)
Our Midlands operations are vital to our network and to support our increasing client base we’re looking for Warehouse Operatives to strengthen our team. You will be responsible for loading and unloading delivery vehicles and ensuring goods are sorted correctly for dispatch.
It’s a fast-paced environment that will require you to be able to work methodically and carefully to maintain accuracy and quality. Working in a team, you’ll need to be a good communicator with a strong work ethic and by physically able to handle the volume and weight of the goods we work with.
We’re looking for people both with and without forklift truck licence. For all roles previous Warehouse experience is required, as is a ‘can-do’ attitude and a commitment to doing your best every day. The hours of work are 45 per week across a 24 / 7 operation.
3. Class 1 / 18 tonne Drivers (Coventry)
Due to ongoing expansions, we have vacancies for Class 1 and 18 tonne drivers. Carousel now operates from Coventry delivering to a variety of UK locations. We pride ourselves on our positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes and more to deliver for our clients.
To qualify for this role, you’ll need to have relevant and up-to-date licences and be used to maintaining a vehicle and operating safely in line with our procedures and driving rules and regulations. Working 50 hours a week you’ll be willing to be flexible across our 24/7 operation, as required. Our team works together to get the job done so you’ll be able to chip-in with loading and unloading the vehicles when an extra pair of hands is needed too.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating whether you are applying for a Class 1 or 18 tonne driving position and telling us your salary expectations.
4. Night Transport Controller
To the role is to provide an exceptional experience via all communication channels as the first point of contact to our clients and partners where ‘going the extra mile and more’ is part of the daily activity. To take ownership of ensuring an efficient and accurate process around all collection and deliveries. Focusing on effective routing to maximise efficiency and commercial returns.
- Telephone liaison with customers, taking courier bookings, calculating quotes and advising ETA’s
- Dispatching drivers to make collections and deliveries – ensuring driver fully aware of customer requirements
- Enter details of deliveries and collections onto internal transport management system.
- Monitoring job / driver progress via GPS tracking
- Overseeing fleet maintenance including service and breakdowns / accidents.
- Routing of deliveries and collections
5. Client Support Agent (fixed -term, Birmingham Airport)
Working within a team, the role is to provide an exceptional client experience via all communication channels as the first point of contact to our clients and suppliers where ‘going the extra mile’ is part of the daily activity. Taking ownership of all client enquiries both new and follow up with a focus on providing first call resolution or help whilst positively managing expectations.
- Ownership of client query resolution specifically around return and claim requests; aiming for 1st time resolution and if escalated ensure that query is resolved, and client informed of outcome in a timely fashion.
- Production and monitoring of daily customer reports – ensuring on time and accuracy of data.
- Deliver Service Excellence to our clients; ensuring operational queries, tracking enquires, ad hoc requests are dealt with quickly and effectively and communicated proactively to the client.
- Ensure the smooth running of the operation by producing handover reports for Management that are accurate, timely and clearly sign post any specific issues or concerns.
- Focus on continuous improvement by reviewing existing systems and processes, making recommendations for change to improve service, cost and efficiency.
The working hours for this position are 10.30am - 7pm Monday - Friday.
6. Executive Assistant (Sittingbourne)
Our Executive Team are at the forefront of our growth and we’re looking for someone who can support them in achieving their ambitious agenda. Based in Sittingbourne but reporting to someone in Munich you will need to be a self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative. You’ll be coordinating the diaries of a busy team of Executives who work across Europe so you’ll need to have a common sense and pragmatic approach to make sure their time is used effectively.
Preparing documents for various stakeholders that will include potential clients, accuracy will be one of your top strengths as will your advanced IT skills on PowerPoint and Office 365. The type of person you are will be as important as your skills, we’re looking for someone who will add to our culture, with enthusiasm and energy to get the job done and add that little bit extra that makes all the difference. The Team will need you to act as ‘gatekeeper’ so you’ll need to be resilient and adaptable with a genuine desire to please and help other people.
Previous experience as an Executive Assistant isn’t required, but you must have strong administrative skills and be used to working in a fast paced, changing environment.
7. European Sales Manager (Maastricht)
Reporting to our European Head of Sales, we are now looking for a European Sales Manager to be based in Maastricht; covering a sales region including Benelux, France and Western areas of Germany. Given the location and nature of the role the Sales Manager must be able to speak Dutch, English and ideally one other European language.
- You are the main point of contact for our existing customers
- You visit and develop our existing and potential customers
- You support our sales organisation in RFQ, FRP and RFI processes
- You are a member of our international sales organisation and are actively involved in project implementations
- You support our operations department in finding unique supply chain solutions in order to optimise services for existing and potential customers
- You support the development and optimisation of new and existing work processes and procedures, as well as operational structures