Customs and Compliance Director
Hours: 37.5 hours
Key Criteria/ Requirements:
• Have experience in an Import, Export and Customs Compliance role with exposure to both Air and Road operations from a customer and/or carrier perspective.
• Fully conversant with import and export laws and regulation.
• An understanding and working knowledge of ITSF.
• Considerable experience working with HMRC & Border Force to include CHIEF and CDS.
• Demonstrable track record in managing teams across multiple sites and taking their people on a development journey.
• Ability to engage and interact with clients at all levels.
• A recent professional qualification in Customs Import/Export or International Trade and member of a recognised trade body.
Full mapping of newly created departmental processes from inception to completion:
• Clear demarcations of where responsibilities and handovers exist between European Gateways and the UK/Ireland.
• Roles and job scorecards agreed and advertised.
• Positions in post.
Process and Compliance:
• Designing and controlling the continuous auditing of processes and documentation as well as corresponding organizational, process and business.
• Monitoring of business development of relevant business units for the identification of compliance risks and the need for action.
• Implement an internal audit and reporting processes to secure continuous compliance with all customs regulatory requirements.
• Main point of contact with the relevant customs authorities.
• Advising the Import/Export Team and all adjacent business units as well as other groups within the network regarding customs and export control issues.
• Managing and maintaining control through all phases of freight lifecycle.
• Responsibility for filing customs entries through the appropriate system.
• Process control regarding screening of goods and submission of declarations.
• Submission of reports to HMRC – acting as a key liaison with HMRC to secure compliant operating procedures in line with UK government requirements.
• Operational and supplier engagement across Europe to ensure that best practice is adhered to using best in class systems.
• Cross-border and in-country management and appraisal of staff.
• Further developing training concepts for the Team.
Stats and Process Improvement:
• Remediation time per failed entry (hours/days).
• Clearances within agreed SLA.
• Clearances without manual intervention (%).
• System reconciliation (current) vs potential new partner mapping.
• Ownership for the reporting and transactional charging (import, export, screening, handling) between Operations and Finance.
For more information about this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your CV